Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The little things.

 The Bad Ones

You know how there are some things that really irritate you? Even though the actual impact on your day isn't that big, there are some things which will never fail to put me in a foul mood. (Well, for about 5 minutes anyway, until I find one of those things that will never fail to cheer me up)


  • People walking into you, and then acting all affronted because you had the audacity to get in their way.
  • Going to my drawer to find that one again, I've put back the stockings with runs in them and now I can't find my good ones.
  • People presuming that because I'm young, I'm either an idiot, or I'm going to run riot as soon as their backs are turned.
  • Those extra big raindrops that gather at the edge of roofs and that get me just when I'm feeling safe and sheltered. Stupid sneaky rain.
  • That kind of stumble where you don't exactly fall, but it's still big enough to notice. I'd rather fall over than look like I have somehow forgotten how legs work.
  • When someone refuses to listen to a dissenting point of view.
  • The fact that my right hand types much faster than my left, so I end up with words like teh, sorory and so forth.
  • When I don't notice a typo until after I hit send/post.
  • When I get drunk and I speak poorly, and then notice my awful grammar and get annoyed at my drunk brain.
 The Good Ones

And here are some of those tiny little things that make me happy. Even if I'm having a shitty day, or I'm in a bad mood, these are some of the things that will always make me smile.

  • When I get a good list of songs in a row. My music is almost always on random, so I love it when my mp3 gets it right.
  • Finding  just the right word for a sentence. hooray for vocabulary!
  • Getting good second hand clothes/accessories.
  • When my hair decides to work with me rather than to break all of my combs.
  • Finding reasons to write with my fountain pen. 
  • Helping someone understand another language. Particularly when I've tried to explain a word or concept about 5 times, and then I finally see the look of comprehension dawn on someone's face. It really makes my day.
  • When I catch a typo in time (in the above sentence, it read "Particulsrly".
  • Reading a story aloud to someone.
  • Making a decision to do something and not being too lazy or scared to get in my own way.
This is it for now. But ths is most likely an unending list, so it will probably get updated over and over. I may try to add some pictures too. I'd love to hear your little happy or irritated things.

Much love, B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment